Friday, January 30, 2015

Builders Diary - January 2015

Happy new year, everyone! It's Jin from Karaba Mechanics again, I disappeared for a good long while but it's time for another episode of Builders Diary!

*FANFARE! (¡Alé!)*

The past month has been a really hectic one - I'm graduating from uni in March, so I've been handling senior year workloads and job hunting, so I didn't have much time to work on any of my kits for the majority of the month. (I finished the Amazing Exia in December, more on that later) However, I did manage to get a couple of nice things before the month ended:
*MORE FANFARE! (¡Alé!)*
Gundam Breaker 2! I played the original Gundam Breaker demo when the first game came out, but couldn't manage to snag a copy due to limited stocks back then, but I managed to get this one (the second to last copy in the local game store). I really enjoyed the whole customization thing, but for gameplay purposes I stuck with the Build Burning Gundam on the lower levels. Still working my way through the game, though, but enough of that - it is a builder's diary after all. Next up is...

OH BABY!

I got the HGUC Banshee Norn a couple days ago when the new stocks arrived. Due to a pricing error in the store's POS system (first scan showed a higher price, and manual scanning showed that it was actually cheaper than the tag price), I ended up having enough money to buy new tools, too. The side cutters are Buffalo side cutters, and the hobby knife's a Lotus craft knife (it comes with a box filled with 25 spare blades, which is cool).

I've been wanting to get the kit for a good long while now (and not just after seeing THIS amazing Banshee Norn build), and after snagging it, I couldn't help but build it on campus. An hour later I ended up with this:

Half the battle.

The next day, I decided to keep going, since I had a longer break. I got fired up and basically ended up...
...accidentally finishing it.
I suppose that's about it for this edition of Builder's Diary. Up next will be detailed posts on the HGCC Turn A, the HGBF Build Strike Full Package and the HGBF Amazing Exia, like I promised. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment