Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Builder's Diary - December 2014

Hello again! It's Jin from Karaba Mechanics, sorry for the long dry spell ^^; I've been a bit busy with life (although that's left me with enough time to work on Gunpla, at least) so I haven't been posting as often as I should. In between this and the first post, I'd actually won third place in the local 1/144 build off (more on that later). So without further ado, I present to you, the first installment of Builder's Diary!

*fanfare goes here*

1/144 Real Grade Zeta Gundam (WIP)
I got the Real Grade Zeta Gundam together with the Gundam Mk-II from an old acquaintance, but never actually got around to building it until I finished the Mk-II Excellent (at least the main frame anyway).

First things first - I had a lot of trouble building this kit - stuff would fly out every once in a while, and I'd have to go look for the part that went MIA, leading to further delays with this kit. I'm actually holding off on the completion of this kit, since I have plans to scratchbuild Lightning Gundam parts and stick 'em onto this one, SOON. Never mind the fact that the Lightning was actually based on the Re-GZ instead of the Zeta itself, GUNPLA HAS NO LIMITS!™



1/144 HGCC Turn A Gundam (Snap build)
The local Gunpla club had a Christmas party, so I went there to have some fun and meet fellow Gunpla builders and maybe learn a tip or two from the "Meijins". We had a nice little Gundam Extreme Vs. Tournament, and I came out third place on the Strike Noir Gundam. There was also a bingo game and a raffle, and this is where the Turn A came from.

The kit, along with nice little bag tags from our friend King.

...CALLED "TURN A" GUNDAM!
Okay, enough joking, here's the kit.
I'll go into further detail once I finish painting (and possibly modding) this kit too, so please look forward to it.

1/144 HGBF Build Strike Gundam Full Package
The local Gunpla scene is pretty nice - we give out kits during parties, bring in nice ones as prizes during contests, and we're overall pretty chill folks to hang out with. I got this kit from the latest 1/144 build-off, when my entry, the Gundam Mk-II Excellent, got third place. I'm pretty happy about this, considering that that was my first proper painted build that didn't get messed up ^^; Anyway! Before I go off track, here's this section of the builder's diary!
 Somehow, I really like the design of the Build Fighters boxes!
I LIIIIIIIIVE!
DO YOU EVEN GUNS, BRO?
I'll be going in depth with this kit with my review/build walkthrough post, so stay tuned!

Coming Soon
It's Christmas, and I'm starting on the kit I bought for myself as a gift - the 1/144 Gundam Amazing Exia! I'll be documenting the process as well so you get a nice look at how the kit is built and what to look out for, so keep this blog bookmarked!
See you next time! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment